Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Zealand Winter Games Slopestyle

Hello everyone,

My time spent down in New Zealand so far has been well worthwhile! I've been having a great time with my buddy Lyman Currier whom I traveled down with. The past 4 days have been non stop skiing and having a great time. Unfortunately, the weather gods decided to poop on New Zealand the majority of the last week, but the last two days it cleared up and the weather has been sunny and perfect.






Lyman and I

 So far, we have competed in the halfpipe and slopestyle of the New Zealand Winter Games. Halfpipe didn't go so well and I ended up with an 8th place finish. Halfpipe day was a nightmare. There were gloomy clouds hanging over Cardrona ski resort all day and made it extremely difficult to see in the halfpipe. However, the next day I managed to place 3rd in slopestyle over at Snow Park. The weather cleared up the next day for the slopestyle event and we were graced with lots of sun and no wind. The event went great. The Kiwi's sure can put on a good contest!





Thanks to all my sponsors who have helped with my trip in New Zealand. Volkl/Marker, Under Armour, Dalbello, Smith, Kicker, and god watchin over.

Lake Wanaka at sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment