Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Cat Skiing is Pretty Sweet.

It's great to be back in Lake Tahoe. I love it here. The last time I was here was in January for the first stop of the North Face Open Parks and Pipes Series at Northstar resort. Well let me just say that since then, Tahoe has been getting TONS of snow. The main reason I'm in Tahoe now is for the annual Volkl High Fives big air event at Alpine Meadows ski resort along with the Red Bull training camp at Squaw Valley. Every year Volkl Skis sponsors a big air competition put on by the non profit organization called High Fives. High Fives is a group that originated in Tahoe to help disabled skiers continue to do what they love out on the slopes. Volkl usually brings out some of their athletes every year to partake in the event. I was fortunate enough to be acknowledged by Volkl to join the High Fives crew this year.

As part of being invited to High Fives,  I was able to tag along on a private cat skiing day with the rest of the Volkl team in the Tahoe back country. I had a BLAST cat skiing for the first time today. Cat skiing is the same as skiing at a resort with epic terrain, EXCEPT without all the people and the chairlifts. It was my first tome on non-park skis since November. Pretty hard to believe huh?























































Check back for more update on High Fives and the Red Bull camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment